Storytelling: tall tales or the future of museums?
Museums and the Web Roundtable in Boston was held on January 27, 2016 at the Revere Hotel in Boston.
Museum leader Rob Stein challenged us to reconsider the way we think about the content we produce and its role in ensuring the relevance, sustainability, and impact of museums today and into the future. A panel of local experts on cultural storytelling, crowdsourcing, and digital content delivery, which included Sandy Goldberg, Halsey Burgund and Titus Bicknell, responded to Rob’s provocation.
Below you will find a selection of articles and videos by the Museum and the Web (MW) community that relate to the round table topics:
- Selected MW text articles
- How to introduce digital transformation to a museum. Carolyn Royston, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, USA; Simon Delafond, Imperial War Museums, UK; at Museums and the Web 2014 in Baltimore. See the published paper here.
- GLAM and the Free World – Cory Doctorow’s keynote speech at Museums and the Web 2014 in Florence. See the published paper here.
- Third Spaces: Are Apps becoming the virtual orientation between museums and their visitors?
Sofie Andersen, Antenna International, USA; Allegra Burnette, Forrester Research, USA; Koven Smith, Blanton Museum of Art, USA; Tim Svenonius, SFMOMA, USA; Keeli Shaw, Local Projects, USA; Alice Walker, Antenna International, USA; Joe Baskerville, Cogapp, UK.
Accessing Smartphones: mobile for all in museums
Sofie Andersen, Antenna International, USA; Christine Murray, Antenna International, USA; Tasia Endo, Seattle Art Museum, USA; Annie Leist, Art Beyond Sight, USA; Joe Baskerville, Cogapp, UK.
- Mobilizing the Smart City – Rob Stein, Deputy Director, Dallas Museum of Art,
Keynote speech at Museums and the Web Florence 2014. See the published paper here.
- Seeing the Forest and the Trees: How Engagement Analytics can Help Museums Connect to Audiences at Scale – Robert Stein, Dallas Museum of Art; Bruce Wyman, USD Design | MACH Consulting. See the published paper here, see the CART Transcripts here.
Visitor-Centered Approach to Designing for Mobile – Sara Bodinson, Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), at Museums and the Web Asia 2013 in Hong Kong and Beijing.
THIS EVENT WAS MADE POSSIBLE BY THE GENEROUS SUPPORT OF OUR SPONSOR, izi.TRAVEL.